Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Burning Man - Wow



Not very coherent or poetic, but WOW is the closest word to describe how I feel. The entire experience felt like a dream, even when I was standing on the playa in the middle of a howling dust storm with the desert sun and salt-alkali in the soil sucking the moisture from my skin. At night, the desert calmed and the sky cleared to show a million stars. Thousands of beautiful lights sparkled throughout the city and the blackness of the playa was pierced by stunning displays of neon, laser, and fire.

It's going to take me a few days to shake the dust out of my brain and think in more sophisticated terms than "wow," "awesome," "cool," and "sweet." So for now, here are a few pictures of what I saw out there.

Black Rock City, Nevada
30 foot tall dancing woman
art car
Center Camp at night
Dust storm at the Temple
sun bathing
my favorite place to sit and watch the City
Playa fish
Me in front of camp. Like the outfit?
my friend's gypsy art car
art in the dust
I saw so much more, things I couldn't get a picture of, or even begin to write about. But I'll do my best over the next few days to show what I saw and learned out there on the playa, and what my Muse was inspired by.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Wow.

I don't have anything else to say here but Wow.

(and I'm sorry that I haven't been by here in a long time!)