Monday, March 09, 2009

Laura Fogg Gallery Showing, The Launch of the Next Medusa's Muse Book and Other News

Whew! Things are beyond hectic here at Medusa's Muse with preparations for the new book launching soon (and Grad School isn't helping anything!). I haven't had a lot of time to update the blog, but here are a couple of updates from the press.

Laura Fogg, author of Traveling Blind: Life Lessons from Unlikely Teachers, is also a textile artist and you can see some of her art quilts on display at The Art CenterCorner Gallery and Annex in Ukiah, Ca. (201 S. State Street). You can read an interview with her about her artwork on the website. The exhibit is up through the month of March.

On March 19th, my book, What You Need to Know to Be a Pro: The Start-Up Business Guide for Publishers, is officially launched and to celebrate that, and Small Press Month, Mendocino Book Company is hosting a reading and panel discussion with me and four other local, women writers and publishers. They are Cynthia Frank of Cypress House; Molly Dwyer, author of Requiem of the Author of Frankenstein; Amy Wachspress, author of Call to Shakabaz; and Susan Sparrow of Tenacity Press. Each of us will read a short piece from our work and then talk about our experiences working within a Small Press. There will be plenty of time to for attendees to ask questions about publishing, writing, creativity, and business. That's March 19th, 6:00, at the Mendocino Book Company, 102 S. School St, Ukiah, California.

And here's some exciting news: Medusa's Muse made its first international sale (other than Canada) with copies of Traveling Blind being sold in the United Kingdom. Whoo hoo, we've crossed the Atlantic! If your in the UK and would like a copy of the book, you can get yours via Amazon's UK site.

That's the news, and now I need to get back to work marketing the heck out of my book. If you'd like a copy of What You Need to Know to Be a Pro, and are a reader of this blog, email me and let me know you read my blog for one dollar off list price if ordered directly from me before the end of this month.

Happy Small Press Month, everyone!

2 comments:

Jane Mackay said...

That's great news. Good luck with the reading -- I'll send good vibes from beantown. ;-)

Amy at Woza Books said...

I look forward to seeing you at Mendo Book for the event. I didn't realize it's your book launch too! Congrats.
In case you don't get back to my blog to see my reply to your post about the magnolia, here it is:
I almost bought a magnolia. They are truly breathtaking. My neighbor has one so I get to commune with his. It would be excessive for me to plant one since the house came with 5 dogwoods. But to plant a tree oneself, and then enjoy it, now that's in incomparable pleasure.