Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Marketing my Book more Effectively Challenge: Ezine Articles

The best way to market a how-to book like What You Need to Know to be a Pro is to build your credibility as an expert. The best way to do that is to attend conferences and give workshops on your chosen subject, using your book as your "calling card." Seeing as traveling and attending conferences is impossible right now, and teaching workshops is almost as difficult, I am using the internet to build my expert cred. That's why I've begun posting work on Ezine Articles.

I chose Ezine Articles because the site has popped up several times when I've done a Google search on a topic: any topic. Most recently an Ezine Articles essay showed up when I was hunting for a definition of a word related to book design. The articles have been well written and there's a strict vetting process that chooses articles for the site. Not just anyone can write a how-to and get it on Ezine Articles, at least not that I've seen so far.

So I signed up as a member and submitted my article, 20 things to do before you self publish. Happily it was accepted and is now available to read at the previous link. I plan to post more articles on Ezine Articles to try and build a strong, expert presence on the web.

I am also a guest blogger on Authors Promoting Authors, where I posted my essay on rejection. Follow the link to read my post, and please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by.

None of these are paid writing gigs, but for my needs, that's okay. I'm not looking to sell articles; I want to spread the word about What You Need to Know to be a Pro and Medusa's Muse, and hopefully help a few people who want to start their own press.

Where else can I submit articles, and perhaps guest blog?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I read about you on Authors Promoting Authors and am terribly impressed. I'm currently working on a novel and was hoping to have it finished by end of this year but illness has delayed the work unfortunately.

However, your advice and suggestions have been fantastic, I'm so glad to have made your acquaintance.

CJ xx

Rena said...

Thanks so much. I just checked out your blog and really enjoyed reading it. I've added it to my Gravity Check blog roll.