Sunday, May 18, 2008

Taking the Weekend Off

Yes, I know I've been slacking. I haven't posted in a while. But I've decided to join my Muse for the weekend in the back yard and do nothing but drink wine and watch the day's heat shimmer off the leaves. Every now and then we all need a break from our to-do lists and homework. I have a final in business class on wednesday, a project due in xhtml class on friday, a book to write, a full length play and an essay to revise, more Punk edits, bills, housework and a yard trying desperately to survive this drought. But you know, I'm just going to keep sitting here with my Muse and enjoy the color of the red wine as it reflects sunlight. My daughter is visiting her dad, so I'm off mommy duty and I had a full nights sleep for the first time in weeks. I got out of bed at 9:30 this morning a little disoriented, but feeling good. Calm. I realized I don't have to be productive every second of every day. For one quiet weekend, I can close the Medusa office and go to the movies with my hubby (I saw Iron Man. It was excellent. Go see it). I can stay in my pj's and ignore the phone while reading new blog posts by Elijah Brubaker. I don't have to be responsible.

Tomorrow I'll be Mommy again and will tackle that homework after I drive my daughter to Stanford for a doctor's appointment. That's tomorrow. Today... well... that's for day dreaming.

No comments: